12.17.2010

Fix It Friday (#81)

The I Heart Faces community is hands down one of the biggest influences in my Photography Life.  The BEST influence.  I have made cyber friends there that I know will be friends for a long long time.  With a passion like photography how could they not. Every week I look at the contests and Fix It Friday and think why aren't I doing this?  The only way I'm going to grow as a photographer is by practicing.  My photoshop skills, while considerably better than they used to be, are lacking.  One thing I plan on doing during my January Hiatus is to take lots of workshops and training sessions in Photoshop.  To me, 80% of what makes a photograph art is the post processing that is done to that picture.  Which means only 20% is taking a good picture.  That leaves me LOTS of room for growth. Anyway, when I saw that the subject for this weeks' fix it Friday was Arden Prucha of Arden Prucha Photography I knew I had to take the plunge and participate.  Her work is probably my biggest influence.  She is amazing at what she does and she's so modest about her amazing skills and talents.
Anyway, without further ado the image SOOC:
fix it #81
My Edit:
fix it #81(1)
What I did:
I loved this shot!  I thought all it needed was some warmth and some pop.  I did just that in Photoshop CS5.
I added a few warming actions (warm up that baby and Yellow Jacket from Pure Photoshop Actions - Set 1)
Then I added a warming Hazy, called "Autumn."  It was a free Action called "Pretty Haze" but I don't recall where I got it.
I think it would be neat, around this time next year to pull the same photo and re-edit and see where my skills, taste, style have taken me.

FIF1

No comments: