1.20.2011

Book 2 of 15 -- The Frog King

Specs:
Title: The Frog King
Author: Adam Davies
Pages: 316 pages
Rating: **/*****
Started: January 6th
Completed: January 14th
This book was so filled with curse words that I just wanted to hurl it across the wall.  It seemed trashy and screamed to the fact that it was written by someone young that couldn't afford to have any creative writing training.  Or, written by someone that has a large disregard to respect and using curse words as emphasis instead of a dialect of young adults.  But then again, I'm pushing 30, so maybe I'm just getting "old."
It was a story about a mid-twenties guy in a dead end job.  He has a girlfriend that he loves that he can't express his love to.  This is likely because he has such a huge drinking problem that he's out of touch with the real world.
I only awarded it two stars.  I would have given it 1 star, but I did actually finish the book so something about it must've posessed me to read on.   Although upon completion I'm not sure why I did.  I was grateful to be done with the book.  Save yourself some hours of your life and DON'T pick this up.  I didn't even think it was worthy of my taking time to snap and edit a picture, so I stole a stock picture from amazon.

No comments: